Friday, April 3, 2009

WHEN THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS


It is hard to imagine on the vast horizon of our unfettered mind. Many had been fascinated up to a point of dedicating their whole lives to unravel the mystery.. Anyhoo, I'm not intended to particularly discuss about the mind here, nope - I'm more interested in how they work in projecting our thinking style.

Of course, if you were to ask a psychologist, he'll bombarded you with different types of thinking styles but as for this posting I'm gonna touch only about LOGIC - as it concerned as thick as thieves to my yet-to-be profession: the engineer.

Logical thinking can be sub-divided into 2 categories i.e. epistemology & dialetics.

Epistemology is the basic of logical thinking that believes on the nature of truth while dialetics is the kind of logical thinking that acquire reasoning & judgment with simple apprehension to develop correct ways to reach the truth. Got it?

It can be illustrate this way, let say, G is ugly (I know it's harsh) because indeed in reality - as far as the looks is to be concerned - she's likening to be a resemblance of an ancient good-for-nothing slumber-face per se. So, those epistemologic type of people generally will tend to acknowledge her that way forever because they are seeing the world collectively based on logic of what they observed.

Meanwhile, somebody who is using logical thinking based on dialetics will turn the idea upside down. Normally, dialetics type of thinker will say:

"G is ugly, but she got talents, so, G is beautifully talented!"

They tend to proposed reasons to support their idea in order to pave the correct ways to reach the truth.

Based on findings, scientists & those who undertaken the stream of Maths & Sc. are usually categorized in the dialetics logical thinking style. Why? Let me tell you.

Ever heard a story of how a theory is to be developed? There is this saying: "it only takes seconds to spread rumors but it takes a lifetime t
o develop an idea"




A scientist will bust his guts to convince the entire world of his theory. He'll give reasons - needless to say the mathematical equations on the board - to pave his way before reaching the truth - @ is it the real truth?

I am no clairvoyant whatsoever, but did you ever think of:

  1. Why the value of Pi=22/7 @ 3.142
  2. Why triangle has 3 angles instead of 4,5... etc
  3. How do you know 1+1=2 ?

Don't be mistaken, I'm just asking of how do they know? Of course, through research & findings - this cliche, even my grandma knew it's so - but what makes the world believed is most intriguing to me! How do you know it's the truth @ not? Is it because of people's acknowledgment? Is it by mere random experiences in life? @ Is it because you believed it is the truth?


Here are some pics from the internet describing on how wonderful the logical mind of children there is.

















To me, the truth is something I believed regardless of what others have to say. That's my truth! I don't need others to acknowledge something in order for it to be true - I just have to make the effort of believing in it and voila, that's it!

During a viva session lately, I was being asked of what happened to a structure without all the beams? People who are not in the engineering field will simply said, the building will collapse! For sure my friend, heaven knows. My lecturer expected more - you know APEX Univ. So, the other side of me, who are filled with the civil engineering enthusiasm began to be in his dominant state & thank God, I made it through the rain (A-)

*That viva session has opened my thought, this time realizing the truth that a structure will be nothing without beams & humans are the same - will be nobody without dreams!


Till the next posting.


p/s - Final exam will be in 1 week time & that's a truth not because the whole USM is going to sit for the same exam simultaneously - making it compulsory for everyone to embrace - but because I believed this exam will slightly determine my future!

3 comments:

  1. eheh.. cute children.
    they deserve not to be blamed on their logical thinking coz that's what they truly are. honest and truthful.

    care to share your viva session later?

    oh i forgot..
    i believe i'm dialetics.. haha..
    i'm innocently confident. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in dream, from a realistic dream, it will push us forward... towards our goals with some incredible momentum or driving force,

    like hope as well, dream is dangerous thing to lose, they are connected, without hope, dream fade away...

    dialetics will be my choices too, i have my own measurement of myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staind: Sure they are the most adorable piece on Earth. Truly wonderful the heart & mind of a child is!


    Didi: You sound like a yet-to-be another J.C. Maxwell to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails