Thursday, March 12, 2009

CORRUPTIONS OF YOUTH


What we don’t know & why we couldn’t understand!



I got the idea to write this topic when something was said about the present youth in The Star a couple of days before. I think that lady there need to be corrected, at least from a youth p.o.v. (suddenly, feels younger - the feeling of being called a youth! Also, thanks to bluecrsytaldude for the motion - I kinda hovering around your site & "corruption of youth" posting had caught my attention! So, here are my version of interpreting the matter.


They said “Youths are like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers.” The handlers? Of course, those around them. The closest? Should be parents! Parents? Yes! It just can’t be helped.


Frankly, I am not condemning parents wholly but considers this where – some may smudge; others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, sometimes beyond repair!


Knowing that children are fragile, why not handle them with care? Some parents – thank God ours are in exception! – Treasure their antique rare vase more than own offspring believing the fact that their younglings are mature enough to handle difficulties. Not to rebuff youngster’s ability here but, are we not entitled to deserve extra attention, sometimes?


Then, this idea of today’s youths is different as to the previous one back in 20-30 years time ago, saying that the former are more into hedonism as compared to the latter is utterly obsolete. Honestly, yes there are still some youths – who are lacking of proper guidance – are struggling deliberately ashore, but to merely conclude that all of us are to be the same, than excuse me.


Still, we are moving forward as everything change. So, if they asked, are we not changing? Having much difference as compared to the previous youths' generation? If you are to ask me, I would say, sure it does. Completely different. Time ticks of, things change!


For example, one cannot simply imply today’s youths to be “wild” just because he/she is outing, breathing some fresh air with known friends & reasons. How can one expect them to be stranded in the house doing nothing – unless we are living in Ice Age, but still, they go for food outside; where plenty awaits on the other side of the wall!


This is why I said both can’t be likening to each other. Never. Being a youth myself, yes we can adopt what’s applicable back then and imitate it for the time being but unnecessary taboos (such as those unsound do’s & don’ts) should be discarded away. Truth is, sometimes, if we were to think deeply, our youths are not disillusioned much by the present trends @ traits @ ideologies whatever we name it – I believe, parents are still there to guide – but, what worries me a lot is that our society that keeps on corrupting the youths with impractical taboos, which may prevent them to propel towards greater heights.


So, here are some points to know us better! I know, they were youths once, why bothered. Thing is, we humans have the tendency of being unconsciously deteriorating in remembering things. Here come these thingy to ease you up as you walk down-memory-lane.


What people don’t know @ choose to ignore about youths?


1. Sense of belonging – helps to grow.


2. Heart of achieving – needing support.


3. Becoming independent – sign of maturity.


4. Experience & adventure – gaining knowledge.


5. Affection – appreciated despite shortcomings.


Why couldn’t we understand? Simply because we chose NOT TO. We have the capabilities to understand & remember complex chemical elements & their structural orientation right? But, why in this matter, we lurk to be on the prowl? Again, we chose NOT TO!

What on Earth do WE really need? L.O.V.E. Yes, LOVE is all we need, it is LOVE and just LOVE – the one & only basic principle in LIFE that most, refused to acknowledge – that can binds us together. Whether it is “AGAPE” @ “PHILIA”, up to you.

Mitch Albom’s “Tuesday with Morrie” sums it all when he said;


“LOVE, like RAIN, can nourish from above, drenching us with soaking joy, but sometimes, under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots, keeping itself ALIVE!”


So, for those old timers, stop judging us the way you do, time changes & so ought you too.


“It’s not the one who tasted first but the one who ate more that matter!” – D.M.B.L.


To my fellow youths, not so fast to snigger there, our task is to PROVE THEM WRONG by DOING WHAT’S RIGHT. Come, heed my call.


Till the next posting.


3 comments:

  1. i like it when you write "chose not to". most people didnt realise that life is about choices and they simply chose not to without thinking the consequences.

    on corruptions of youth, i belief that we (youth) are the mirror to our parents generations, im talking in larger scale here, not just you and me. once i remember that confucius said something like,"music shows the condition in one country" and perhaps "youth shows the attitude of their surrounding"

    im not interested in blaming anybody here. we have our own responsibility, however the least we could do here is be better than what we are before. blaming and gossiping wont bring much harmony, it consume LOVE and for all we know, LOVE is depleting.

    no matter what year we are, youth are human, and they react humanly, what change is to what they react, and how they react to it.

    as wat we known, we use to have budaya kambing, one mengembek, suma orang ikut mengembek, budaya reaktif, telur pecah sebiji, riuh sekampung, this to name a few is something that need to change accordingly, and it begin by reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember when I was in secondary school, one of my teachers always said that "LIFE is but a cafeteria! variety of delicacies served, our job is to CHOOSE"

    On the youth thing, I appreciate your view but mine will be the way it is. I just cannot help to stand still when something rotten said about me (in general as part of youth) I'd rather stick my neck up to be chopped.

    As I said also earlier, I am not condemning anybody also. It's just me being me conveying what I feel, of course, from my sole perspective - the way I REACT into it. I chose to rebut what I believe to be true. To me, that's what I call CHANGES.

    Either way, I must admit you got talent in Malay Proverbs I guess. Ha2. & of course, I bet, this is the fruit of being a "bookworm"

    p/s - (I'm not using "the reader" here, I found out that it's not a suitable word for the time being, unless you've watched the movie yourself) Ha2

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaa... i agree with qas on that we are the mirror of our parents generation,

    i really think that the way we are right now, how we act & respon, our behavior and attitude somehow resemble how our parent had teach us in the past, our childhood surrounding, the experience we had in life...

    this is life, we ought to choose what best for us out of variety of food in the cafeteria.. haha2...

    if we believe we are the narrator of our own story, then the choices we made in life and ending of our story is up to us...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails