Tuesday, April 21, 2009

WHO'S SMARTER?

These are some things I got while surfing the net this morning.

Firstly, of our so-called YB's attitude. Before that, allow me to ask, do you think that someone who acknowledged somebody else as less smart can be seen as truly smarter? Do you regard someone's degree of smartness as in proportion to his/her absolute achievements? Worse still, do you think a YB - someone who by fate being elected by his people to speak up their minds - has the prerogative to simply imply that his people is a prat just because they don't have a doctorate degree like him?

This is not a daydream accusation made by somebody who's dying in his place doing nothing but this is how The Borneo Post described the report. Here.

He even mentioned that "Politics within the community (Dayak), particularly in rural areas, is fluid until now because there is lack of the smart factor. And because of that they will listen to instigation and get manipulated by certain individuals."

Excuse me minister, isn't that your duty as to be the representative of the people at the very first place? Now, let me get it straight, NOT ALL of the rural people can be instigated and manipulated by certain quarters. I can assure you that. Why? Let me tell you this.

1. Are you not aware that most of the crops i.e. pepper, rubber, palm oil etc are being planted by the rural folks and these involve some transactions with the vendors that require a degree of meticulousness to a certain extend, still, they survived and are able to make money double fold. So, who's smarter?

2. Then, during the current election in Batang Ai, I personally think that the voters are smart enough to remind the BN of how they truly feel by conveying their "slow talk message" gracefully through the result. BN 3907 votes while PKR 2053 votes. Cheers voters! You surely are smart, failure is nothing compared to the now that BN knew what the rakyat truly feel. Hopefully with this message, more attention will be given to the rotten Lubok Antu Dam, yet, they are planning to build another 12 dams! Damn!! Again, when was the last time you spared time at Batang Ai YB? So, who's smarter?


He also said that "It is sad to see that many educated and intellectuals from the community (Dayak) are inciting the people and this has caused the Dayak to be further fragmented in politics."

3. Again politics. Even this education matter can be politicized? Let me be frank, in my opinion, no matter how many good minds we may produce in the near future, until an exact measure of difference is to be underlined between politics and education, we'll forever in vain. To me, education system should be institutionalized without any interference from any kind of oppressions. By the way, rather than politicizing the educational issues, why not doing something about it if you are indeed smart? Thanks to D.A. Leo Moggie who initiated the Sarawak Dayak Graduate Association (SDGA). That's what we called S.M.A.R.T.

Sometimes I wonder, what's really in the mind of our ministers? Are they sincere enough in their job? I never acknowledged a minister's achievements @ contributions just because they won their constituency unopposed, or just because he/she did something grand etc. - called me a maverick if you wanted to - but, I'll stay on my belief that, those are his/her DUTY as entrusted to him/her by people like me, the voters.

If you can't continue on the duty, finger-pointing for scapegoat of your own incapability, tarnishing the image of your people claiming that they are less s***t (I can't say it because I believe, my people is far smarter than this) let alone championing their hearts, then, just quit!

**********************************************************************************
Again this USM desasiswa issue. As predicted, the result of the rayuan desasiswa which supposed to be announced today is being postponed to 23rd April. Good move USM. Now that many students are looking for houses outside campus & are required to pay up quite high deposits for the houses.

Thanks to USM APEX Univ. management style who encourage gross spending among students, lack of efficiency in management, improper selection methods for student eligibility in desasiswa etc. Truly amazing how an APEX Univ. work. Can I join? * I forgot, I'm part of it.

To me, there's nothing to prove anymore. Yes, the univ. can expect so many changes in order to rocket sky high climbing the success ladder but in the end, is it ok if the students are to suffer? Well, I guess that's the price to pay on behalf of the status. Should I duck?

Till the next posting.

3 comments:

  1. U should not be cos there's much more to say.. ha2

    ReplyDelete
  2. hostel issues are isu lapok.....nothing can be done...especially in penang everything is expensive...here in kelantan also expensive, nothing less than penang, especially for those who are miskin like me.....emmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails